NCMM is now accepting poster presentation submissions for NCMM’s 2020 Mobility Management Poster Session. They will be displayed at the Community Transportation Association's EXPO in Louisville, KY, June 1-4, 2020. Posters will discuss a community transportation challenge and the ways mobility management approaches have helped solve that challenge. Presenters of accepted posters will receive a $200 stipend to help defray their costs in attending the Poster Session.
About the Poster Session
The National Center for Mobility Management has held three annual Mobility Management Poster Sessions, starting in 2016, at the Community Transportation Association of America's EXPO conference. CTAA's EXPO is attended by over 1,000 transit agencies, mobility management professionals, and transportation-related entities. The poster sessions give mobility management practitioners a chance to shine and share their innovative practices in an informal setting, open to all EXPO attendees. The EXPO intensive trainings and workshops have brought plenty of interested attendees to the poster sessions and provide good learning opportunities for mobility management professionals, as well.
Selected presenters display their posters during the Trade Fair reception and lunch and respond to EXPO attendees' questions about the projects described in the posters. A $200 stipend will be mailed to each presenter once EXPO is completed.
Creating a Poster
Posters should meet the following criteria:
- Describe a transportation challenge in a community, state, or region
- Discuss the a mobility management approach to solving that challenge, in terms of partnerships, innovative design, outreach, community engagement and/or involving riders
- Provide information about how the solution is working and lessons learned, even if the solution did not work as well hoped
There is no mandatory arrangement of the poster. Infographics, diagrams, and charts can enhance understanding of the poster content. Many presenters use this standard template.
Two documents must be submitted for a complete application: (1) an application form and (2) a poster (pdf). The deadline for application submissions is April 6th, 2020.
Please send any questions about the poster session to Kirby Wilhelm at email@example.com.
2019 poster presenters
- Massachusetts Multimodal Mashup
- National RTAP Resources by Role
- Mobility Services Center Creation Process
- Collaboration Across Mississippi Public Transit
- Overcoming Volunteer Driver Obstacles
- Virginia Statewide Mobility Manager Coordination
- Central Texas Mobility Management Expansion