The National Center for Mobility Management has held three annual Mobility Management Poster Sessions, starting in 2016, which have been held each year at the Community Transportation Association of America's EXPO conference.
Selected presenters display their posters during the Trade Fair reception and the Trade Fair lunch. Presenters are present at their posters during the trade show hours to converse with EXPO conference attendees about their posters.
CTAA's EXPO is attended by over 1,000 transit agencies, mobility management professionals, and transportation-related entities. The poster sessions have given mobility management professionals a chance to shine and share their innovative practices in an informal setting open to all EXPO attendees. The EXPO intensive trainings and workshops have brought plenty of interested attendees to the poster sessions and provide good learning opportunities for mobility management professionals as well.
What information is included in the posters?
- Description of a transportation challenge in a community, state or region
- A mobility management approach to solving that challenge, in terms of partnerships, innovative design, outreach, community engagement and/or involving riders
- Information about how the solution is working. Lessons learned even if the solution did not work as well hoped.
There is no mandatory arrangement of the poster. Infographics, diagrams, and charts can definitely add to the visuals, but this template may be helpful.
Poster topics have included:
- Coordinated planning
- Information sharing and public engagement strategies
- Statewide mobility management networks and collaboration
- Performance Measurement
- Older adult transportation
2018 poster presenters
Information sharing and public engagement strategies
- National RTAP's Resource Share Curation Project
- Transit agency information sharing and public engagement project- Iowa
Statewide mobility management networks and collaboration
Older adult transportation
Previous application Information
Selected poster presenters have received a $200 stipend to help cover the costs of preparing and presenting their poster. Please send any questions about the poster session to Sheryl Gross-Glaser at email@example.com. Here is information from the 2018 poster application process.