Mobile Farmers’ Market provides easier access to fresh produce
- Date: 09/30/2020
West Tennessee Farmers’ Market has partnered with Jackson Housing Authority to make this possible.
Across North Carolina, a total of 17 community health mini-grants were awarded, totaling nearly $100,000. These community organizations and companies will be working to improve heart health among North Carolinians who are most at risk for cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
Community health mini-grant Charlotte awardees include:
• The Heights Community Development Center: Generational health in the community, food security and hypertension management
• Care Ring: Heart Health Initiative, hypertension management
• Wingate University: Promoting heart health and addressing food insecurity in rural eastern Union County, additional farmers market
• Grier Heights Presbyterian Church: Grier Heights Fresh Food Express, food security
• Uptown Farmers Market: Shuttle Service for older adults from affordable housing communities, transportation and food security
Have more mobility news that we should be reading and sharing? Let us know! Reach out to Sage Kashner (email@example.com).
There was a problem reporting this post.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please note: This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.