The National Center for Mobility Management is a national technical assistance center funded through a cooperative agreement with the Federal Transit Administration and operated through a consortium of three national organizations—the American Public Transportation Association, the Community Transportation Association of America, and Easterseals Inc. Learn more about us by downloading our brochure.
The Center’s primary activities support mobility management professionals, Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grantees, and partners in adopting proven, sustainable, and replicable strategies that achieve its mission. These activities are described below.
- Provide assistance to communities through dissemination of promising practices, a monthly e-newsletter, and customized technical assistance
- Deliver in-person and web-based trainings, including webinars
- Network with mobility management practitioners through several communication forums
- Align and support the goals and activities of the Federal Coordinating Council on Access and Mobility (CCAM) and the Federal Transit Administration
NCMM staff can help with researching answers to your question, facilitating community meetings, bringing trainings that inform your work, and providing other types of customized technical assistance. Contact information is below.
Amy Conrick, NCMM Director, 202-415-9692
- Areas of expertise: Innovation and human-centered design, health & transportation, veterans, and jobs and training
- Liaison to FTA Region 8 (CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, WY) and Region 9 (AZ, CA, NV)
Kirby Wilhelm, Program Associate, 202-489-6020
- Areas of expertise: Active transportation, environmental sustainability & transportation, housing & transportation
- Liaison to FTA Region 6 (AR, LA, NM, OK, TX)
William Reckley, Program Associate, 202-415-9682
- Areas of expertise: Land use planning, transit-oriented development, housing and transportation, real estate, economic development
- Liaison to FTA Region 2 (NY, NJ)
Judy Shanley, NCMM Partner Director, 312-551-7227
- Areas of expertise: Disability issues, career and workforce development, education and human services organizations, youth transition, shared-use mobility & individuals with disabilities, food & nutrition connections, systems change, program evaluation and performance measurement
- Liaison to FTA Region 1 (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT), Region 4 (AL, FL, GA, KY, MI, NC, SC, TN, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands), Region 5 (IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI), Region 7 (IA, KS, MO, NE), FTA Region 4 (AL, FL, GA, KT, MS, NC, SC, TN, PR, USVI) and Region 7 (IA, KS, MO, NB)
Rich Weaver, NCMM Partner Director, 202-496-4809
- Areas of Expertise: Urban transportation, new business and governance models for transit agencies on integrating new mobility, complete streets
- Liaison to FTA Region 3 (DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, WV) and Region 10 (AK, ID, OR, WA)