Sample Job Descriptions
As the field of mobility management grows and becomes more diverse, so do mobility manager job descriptions. Below are some sample job descriptions from around the country.
- Southern New Hampshire Planning Commission - Region 8 Mobility Manager (2022)
- Lowcountry Regional Transportation Authority Job Description (2019)
- The Transit Authority of River City: Job Opening for Mobility Manager (2019)
- Aging and Disability Resource Center of Central Wisconsin, Marathon County, Wisc. (2019)
- Lee-Russell Council of Governments, Opelika, Ala. (2019)
- Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (2015)
- Pikes Peak Area Agency on Aging, Pikes Peak, Colo. (2007)
- Position Description: Transportation Options Manager (2004)
- Cobb County, Ga. (undated)
- Humboldt County (California) Mobility Manager Job Description (undated)
- Rural Central Iowa Mobility Coordinator (undated)
The National Center for Mobility Management, in collaboration with the Federal Transit Administration and professionals across the country, developed competencies that apply to the practice of mobility management. Competencies list the specific knowledge sets, skills, and tasks required to successfully perform "critical work functions" of a specific position. Competencies help the field define the core activities of practitioners and contribute to the development of professional expectations and respect for those practitioners. We encourage you to incorporate these competencies into your work as a mobility manager.