Measuring the Value of Mobility Management. In 2018, NCMM published a guide to walk mobility managers through articulating return on investment for mobility management positions. Please reach out for any guidance or additional information.
Sample Job Descriptions
As the field of mobility management grows and becomes more diverse, so do mobility manager job descriptions. Below are some model job descriptions from around the country.
- Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (PDF)(192 KB)
- Lowcountry Regional Transportation Authority Job Description (PDF) (28 KB)
- Mobility Manager Job Description (PDF) (18 KB)
- The Transit Authority of River City: Job Opening for Mobility Manager (PDF) (31 KB)
- Position Description: Transportation Options Manager (TOM) (PDF) (25 KB)
- Cobb County, Ga. (PDF) (21 KB)
- Aging and Disability Resource Center of Central Wisconsin, Marathon County, Wisc.(PDF) (18 KB)
- Pikes Peak Area Agency on Aging, Pikes Peak, Colo. (PDF) (19 KB)
- Lee-Russell Council of Governments,2207 Gateway Drive, Opelika, Ala. (PDF) (14 KB)
- Iowa State-Wide Mobility Manager (PDF)(16 KB)
- Humboldt County (California) Mobility Manager Job Description PDF)(91 KB)
- Accessible Coordinated Transportation of the Pikes Peak Region (Colorado) Mobility Manager Job Announcement (PDF)(61 KB)
- Collier County Florida Mobility Manager Job Bulletin
- Rural Central Iowa Mobility Coordinator (PDF)(117 KB)
- Friday Harbor, Washington Mobility Coordinator/Transportation Planner (PDF)(346 KB)
- Central Idaho (.doc)
The National Center for Mobility Management, in collaboration with the Federal Transit Administration and professionals across the country, developed competencies that apply to the practice of mobility management. Competencies list the specific knowledge sets, skills, and tasks required to successfully perform "critical work functions" of a specific position. Competencies help the field define the core activities of practitioners and contribute to the development of professional expectations and respect for those practitioners. We encourage you to incorporate these competencies into your work as a mobility manager.