Sample Job Descriptions
As the field of mobility management grows and becomes more diverse, so do mobility manager job descriptions. Below are some model job descriptions from around the country.
- Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (PDF)(192 KB)
- Lowcountry Regional Transportation Authority Job Description (PDF) (28 KB)
- Mobility Manager Job Description (PDF) (18 KB)
- The Transit Authority of River City: Job Opening for Mobility Manager (PDF) (31 KB)
- Position Description: Transportation Options Manager (TOM) (PDF) (25 KB)
- Cobb County, Ga. (PDF) (21 KB)
- Aging and Disability Resource Center of Central Wisconsin, Marathon County, Wisc.(PDF) (18 KB)
- Pikes Peak Area Agency on Aging, Pikes Peak, Colo. (PDF) (19 KB)
- Lee-Russell Council of Governments, Opelika, Ala. (PDF) (14 KB)
- Humboldt County (California) Mobility Manager Job Description (PDF)(91 KB)
- Collier County Florida Mobility Manager Job Bulletin
- Rural Central Iowa Mobility Coordinator (PDF)(117 KB)
- Central Idaho (PDF)
The National Center for Mobility Management, in collaboration with the Federal Transit Administration and professionals across the country, developed competencies that apply to the practice of mobility management. Competencies list the specific knowledge sets, skills, and tasks required to successfully perform "critical work functions" of a specific position. Competencies help the field define the core activities of practitioners and contribute to the development of professional expectations and respect for those practitioners. We encourage you to incorporate these competencies into your work as a mobility manager.