Deadline for responses: August 1, 2019, 9:00 p.m. Eastern time. Download the RFP.
Pre-application webinar: June 27, 2019. View the webinar recording.
FAQs can be found here; this page will be updated regularly as questions are received.
NCMM’s Community Mobility Design Challenge 2019 Planning Grants, with funding from the Federal Transit Administration, will support communities seeking innovative ways to address the particular mobility challenges experienced by low-income community members for whom a lack of transportation is an obstacle to the pursuit of economic, health, and social well being.
The goals of the NCMM Community Mobility Design Challenge 2019 are to
- Support communities in creating mobility solutions that improve access for low-income residents with regard to these three focus areas:
- Economic opportunities
- Opportunities to improve health and well-being
- Opportunities to become more integrated into their community
- Support the development of cross-sector partnerships that work together on transportation solutions for their community
- Prepare communities to apply for opportunities for funding the implementation of community transportation solutions, such as federal transit funding, as well as other types of federal, state and local funding for which the designed projects may be eligible.
To see past projects, check out the videos of the 2017 Health Care Design Challenge grantees under "Learn about the teams' work."