Community Mobility Design Challenge 2021
A vibrant community is one where all residents are empowered to pursue economic, health, and social well being. The National Center for Mobility Management (NCMM) recognizes the vital role transportation plays in all activities that support the empowerment of individuals across the board. Yet often community transportation systems lack the resources and/or strategies to provide the level of mobility to residents that they would like to.
NCMM’s Community Mobility Design Challenge 2021 grants, with funding from the Federal Transit Administration, will support communities in seeking innovative ways to address the personal well-being of community members that face transportation barriers to health care access, economic opportunity, healthy food, or community and peer support opportunities. Teams will address populations that currently do not have access to equitable transportation because of income status, minority status, location, a pre-existing condition, or other reason.
How to Apply
- A complete application will be a single PDF document, combining all of the components listed in the application document.
- All applications must meet the initial screening criteria listed in the application to be considered.
- Application packages should be emailed to email@example.com by the submittal deadline. Applications submitted via other methods will not be considered.
- The applicant organization must be a non-profit or a government agency that is able to receive, or be a subrecipient of, federal funding.
- Applicant must have a DUNS number and be registered in the System for Awards Management (SAM)
- Teams who have previously received an NCMM Design Challenge grant are not eligible to apply for this opportunity.
May 17 – RFP released
May 27 – Webinar for potential applicants
July 12 – Applications due by 11:59 PM ET
October & November – Remote and In-Person Meetings
March 2022 – Projects Completed
Archived Webinar on How to Apply
This informational webinar covered performing the primary research necessary to complete the application and other important points for a complete application.
Resources on Interviewing Community Members
This resource will guide communities through the interview process, using an ethnographic style approach.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about the application process?
Reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your question and we will post the answers below. You can additionally ask a question during registration for the Informational Webinar.