- This event has passed.
TRB Webinar: Public Transit Ridership Trends
August 18 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm UTC-4
Are you curious about who rides public transit, when they ride it, and what factors contribute to increasing ridership? TRB is hosting a webinar on Tuesday, August 18, 2020, from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM Eastern that will explore public transit ridership trends. The presenter will discuss bus and rail services in urban and suburban areas, focusing on what has changed in the past several years. She will also present strategies that transit agencies are utilizing for all transit modes in response to changes in ridership.
This webinar draws on research from TCRP Research Report 209: Analysis of Recent Public Transit Ridership Trends.
This webinar is sponsored by the Transit Cooperative Research Program. There is no fee to attend this webinar; however, sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Bus and rail ridership trends: Simon Berrebi, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Kari Watkins, Georgia Institute of Technology
The first 30 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, you will able to:
- Identify traditional causes of transit ridership increases and declines
- Discuss current trends in bus and rail ridership
- List strategies agencies are using to combat ridership change