- This event has passed.
Webinar: Framework for Managing Data from Emerging Technologies
September 10, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC-4
With increased connectivity between vehicles, sensors, systems, shared-use transportation, and mobile devices, unexpected and unparalleled amounts of data are being added to the transportation domain at a rapid rate. These data are too large, too varied in nature, and will change too quickly to be handled by the traditional database management systems of most transportation agencies. TRB is hosting a webinar on Thursday, September 10, 2020 from 2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern that will provide guidance for transportation agencies to shift toward a more effective way to manage data from emerging technologies. Presenters will discuss new concepts about data management and identify common misconceptions. They will introduce a updated framework for how agencies can move toward a more modern approach to data management.
This webinar draws on research from the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Research Report 952: Guidebook for Managing Data from Emerging Technologies for Transportation.
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Transportation agency challenges in managing data from emerging technologies: Kelley Pecheux, AEM Corporation
- Traditional vs. modern data management: Ben Pecheux, AEM Corporation
- Fundamental modern data management principles: Chris Lambert, AEM Corporation
- Tools for shifting toward the modern data management approach: Michael Kerr, City of Portland
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Vaishali Shah, AEM Corporation