- This event has passed.
Webinar: TRB Webinar: Capacity Impacts of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
September 29, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm UTC-4
Connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) are the wave of the future, but is the road infrastructure ready for them? TRB will host a webinar on Tuesday, September 29, 2020 from 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern that will present findings from a national pooled fund study on planning level capacity impacts of CAVs. Presenters will evaluate the impacts of CAVs on freeways and arterials under varying market penetration rates. The results of this research appear in the most recent edition of the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM6)
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Overview of CV, AV, and CAV technology: Bastian Schroeder, Kittelson & Associates
- CAV adoption timeline: Bastian Schroeder, Kittelson & Associates
- Capacity impacts on freeway and arterial facilities: Brian Dunn, Oregon Department of Transportation
- HCM implementation and practitioner guidance: Abby Morgan, Kittelson & Associates
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Tom Creasey, Caliper Corporation
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.