"December 2019 Technology Updates"
Read Up on Technology updates from across the country.
New report from AARP: Mobility Managers Transportation: Coordinators for Older Adults, People with Disabilities, Veterans, and Other Members of the Riding Public. This paper addresses who mobility managers are and what they do—and why they are important now and in the future. It highlights emerging innovations via five case studies. It also presents the results of a national survey and inventory of mobility managers, and it discusses how mobility management can lead a transformation in transportation.
2. Mobility Management Forum 2019
For those who missed the Mobility Management Forum at CTAA's Expo in Palm Springs, catch up on the morning sessions with our videos:
- Evolving into Transformational Leaders
- Building a Resilient Partnership Ecosystem
- Integrating Activities Across Your Partnership
- Cost Allocation for Mobility Management Professionals
In addition, here are some videos from the Expo's innovation track:
- Technology-Enabled Innovation in Transit Services
- Mapping Data to Provide Innovative Services
- Innovation in Transit Vehicles
3. Rural Philanthropy Toolkit (Rural Health Information Hub 2019). Developed with partners at the NORC Walsh Center for Rural Health Analysis, this toolkit compiles model programs and resources and provides guidance to assist in preparing for partnerships with philanthropies, conducting outreach to philanthropies, and establishing and sustaining relationships with philanthropies.
4. A Guidebook for Communications between Transportation and Public Health Communities (AASHTO Committee on Environment and Sustainability, 2019). A user-friendly guidebook for state and local transportation professionals that identifies the challenges and best practices for successful communication and collaboration between transportation and public health professionals. The guidebook highlights the mission and processes of each community to enable a fundamental understanding between the professional communities.