June 4, 2020, 2-4 pm ET - Webinar: Human Services Transportation and Universal Mobility. Sponsored by Shared Use Mobility Center. This panel discussion will look at opportunities for data integration around human service transportation and larger Mobility Management and Mobility as a Service (MaaS) initiatives. From policy to practice, experts in the field will discuss the needs, opportunities, and strategies for creating an integrated mobility system that connects human service transportation to public transit. Following the plenary discussion, attendees will have the opportunity to discuss policy strategies that could be adopted at either a city, state or federal level to encourage data sharing and integration across public and private sectors.
- Al Benedict, Research Manager, Shared-Use Mobility Center
- Jana Lynott, Senior Strategic Policy Advisor, AARP Public Policy Institute
- Judy Shanley, Easterseals Director, National Center for Mobility Management
- Roger Teal, Co-founder, DemandTrans Solutions
- Katherine Freund, Founder and President, ITNAmerica
- Joseph Yawn, Transportation Technology Administrator, Atlanta Regional Commission
- Susan Weber, Community Planner, Federal Transit Administration Region 5
- Danielle Nelson, Office of Program Management, Rural and Targeted Programs Coordinating Council on Access and Mobility Lead, Federal Transit Administration
June 29, 2020 2-3:30 ET - States and localities are beginning to recognize and act on the connection between health and transportation. TRB is hosting a webinar on Monday, June 29, 2020 from 2:00 to 3:00 PM Eastern that will discuss how to leverage transportation projects to support positive health outcomes. New opportunities are developing within transportation agencies to better integrate public health concepts into transportation processes. Presenter will discuss how these opportunities align with research, data, and decision-making tools to further connect active transportation goals with improved health outcomes.
This webinar draws on research from the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Research Report 932: A Research Roadmap for Transportation and Public Health.
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- The research roadmap: Laura Sandt, UNC Highway Research Center
- Introduction to the roadmap
- Complexity and interconnections between health determinants and outcomes, including transportation’s role
- Findings and next steps
- Question and answer session: Andrew Dannenberg, University of Washington School of Public Health
The first 30 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions. Please note: This webinar is planned for one hour but it may go over time. It is also worth 1.5 PDH credits. Register Here.